Her book is a touching real life story of pain, courage, friendship and growing up that chronicles the feelings and lives of the young members of a middle school music band who had to cope with the unexpected death due to illness of one of their classmates and bandmates. Bernadette Duncan interviews Westfield-born writer and journalist Meredith O’Brien who will be at Bay Path University’s Writers’ Day on October 15th discussing her latest book Mr. Clark’s Big Band: A Year of Laughter, Tears and Jazz in a Middle School Band Room (Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing, May 2017). You can learn more about the author and her book at mrclarksbigband.com.
Hedy Lewis, owner-operator of THE RUFF HOUSE in Westfield, doesn’t just groom pets… she and her daughter Jill provide a complete spa for their “boarders!”
The pups are pampered from beginning to end — or should we say from nose to tail! High-quality products are used to give them the softest fur, well-conditioned skin and that beautiful look that all tail-waggers want.
Hear The Ruff House story with Brad’s special guest Hedy Lewis!
CHD CANCER HOUSE OF HOPE with special guest Kim Lee.
SCAMS in Westfield and Chicopee!
Ludlow says goodbye to a K-9 officer.
Wounded Warriors benefit.
— much more!
Two Springfield City Councilors are livid over a new marijuana shop that has opened prematurely!
Junior Achievement of Western Mass. has big days ahead!
Chocolate, chowder and chili competition in Westfield!
Free pancakes in celebration of National Pancake Day coming up!
And “SHOUT! THE MOD MUSICAL” is about to open in Hampden.
Welcome to “Cyber Monday” in Western Mass; Dickens Days in Westfield; “A Christmas Carol; The Musical” in Ludlow; Dom Sarno on the flag protest in Amherst and the Mardi Gras shooting; valet parking in the South End, Christmas with Elvis in Holyoke… and so much more!
- Only one lone bid to run Symphony Hall
- “The Fourth” scares pets into running away!
- Columbia Gas repairs leak at Belmont and fountain in Springfield
- Springfield Women’s Club disbands after 132 years
- Red Cross needs blood donations-supplies way down
- Mayor Sarno’s wife threatened–follow up
- SGT JOHN DELANEY; Springfield police seize 16,000 bags of heroin, and deal with a homicide
- Westfield increases hotel-motel room tax
- WEEKEND HAPPENINGS! Major music stars all over the region!
- HAMPDEN MOM ASKS FOR BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR SPECIAL NEEDS DAUGHTER
- Jordan Goodman and important economic information!
- FOG IN WESTFIELD! (fats, oils, and greases-disposal laws and fines!)
- High School of Commerce commencement
- Incoming Holyoke Auditor salary shorted by 5k
- Proms and social host responsibility
- Cookouts (grill safety)
- Transpo hub for Westfield
- Freebee Memorial Day concert at the Springfield Armory
- All Folked Up at The Thirsty Mind, South Hadley
—–and much much more!
- Stolen cab-ride
- school bus stuck in the mud
Northampton moose on the loose
Scare-a-Con New England coming to MM Center
Springfield power outage
WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE !
- Bishop Rozansky asks forgiveness for the Catholic Church
- WIENERGATE in Holyoke now drags the Mayor into the fracas
- Agawam Motor Lodge to be demolished
- Westfield sees three heroin fatalities in six days
- East Longmeadow music teacher recognized by the state
- Balise washes your car and helps the Heart Association at the same time!
- Power Ball jackpot at record highs
- People behaving badly; high school assault, & speeding and expectorating motorcycle rider
- Charles Williams defends himself in court; wins one, loses one
- Seniors can apply for a property tax reduction in Warren
- Macy’s is closing – which stores?
- Mike Roeder-the new Mayor of Westfield…for ten minutes–
- Newly minted city councilors are a bit dazed but happy
- Bissonnette arraigned
- Springfield’s’ aggressive panhandlers problem
- THE ODD COUPLE comes to Wilbraham
- Panera Bread sets the hens free–Starbucks not far behind
Western Mass elections at a glance…who won, and who didn’t
- Getting darker earlier=danger for pedestrians
- Around the region;
- Beer and Wings, and the Pats at Sophia’s!
- Bax and O’Brien celebrate their 20th at City Stage
SPECIAL ELECTION DAY EDITION!
- Featuring last minute appeals from candidates for various offices!
- Election day information handbook
- Western Mass shoplifters and counterfeiters—(and we will even throw in a goat)
- Wrestling comes to Palmer! With special guest “Shady!”
- Longmeadow named one of Mass’ safest communities
- Belchertown sees rash of car break-ins
- Westfield gets its own 99!
- Chicopee police hosts another “Coffee With a Cop”
- Charges filed against Mike Bissonnette
- Longmeadow/Route 5/Longmeadow Street area car thieves-at work again
- Re-dedication of the Springfield Police Memorial Monument
- Friendly’s drive-through?
- Springfield Road Rage
- Columbia Gas Co moves-but doesn’t
- US AIR FORCE BAND AND SINGING SERGEANTS ; free Springfield concert! (with special guest Judy Matt)
- Palmer, Ware, and Warren, want the Whiskey Hill Racetrack to quiet down
- Help find the Whately counterfeiter
- Help find the Westfield Rogaine Thief
- Florence welcomes the Brew Practitioners
- Westfield Man goes on wine bottle smashing rampage at Mulino’s
- Your National Grid electric bill is jumping up 20 percent this winter (WOMECO not far behind)
- Another hat in the Agawam mayoral race in the ring
- West Nile virus in Western Mass
- Springfield disaster preparedness