Another card skimming device in Pittsfield!
Cell phones banned in Springfield Public Schools!
Danny Eaton has written a new play, and it’s being produced at the Majestic Theater in West Springfield!
Brimfield Flea Market Fall finale!
Dave’s Soda and Pet Food City dog food robbery.
Yankee Pedlar auction.
Chicopee’s Night Out Against Crime…LOADED with events!
Former firefighter goes to federal prison for 17 years!
Westfield illegal dumping has business owners fed up!
Six Flags hiring performers!
Richie Mitnick and Friends in concert! Tonight!
Springfield’s Enid Ortiz moves up on THE VOICE!
Westfield woman wins half a million at Mohegan from penny slots!
Christy Mihos passes away at 67
Wilbraham 8 year old saves Great Grandmother!
Westfield Walmart picks up local liquor store’s license
A former mayor helps out as interim town manager in Southwick. It’s a busy time of year at the Costume Closet in Springfield, (Geri Spear, our special guest), Columbia Gas open enrollment for heating assistance, and more this Thursday morning, with Brad!
HATS OFF TO A HERO. Retired USMC Lieutenant Colonel Bennett Walsh was honored yesterday (8/30) during the Boston Red Sox/Tampa Bay Rays game at Fenway Park. Walsh, the son of Springfield City Councilor (and Pioneer Valley Radio program host) Kateri Walsh and retired USMC Captain Dan Walsh, was sworn in by Gov. Charlie Baker as Superintendent of the Holyoke Soldiers’ Home on July 6. He served in combat during the Gulf War and in Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan. Walsh appeared on the Red Sox dugout in the middle of the fourth inning as the public address announcer introduced him and his photo was displayed on the stadium video screen. Walsh tells MassLive, “I am incredibly humbled and honored to be recognized as a veteran during the ‘Hats Off to Heroes’ ceremony. For an organization that I have loved my entire life to take time during a game to recognize veterans, the Soldiers Home, Western Massachusetts and the Marine Corps is a wonderful act of recognition for the U.S. military — both active duty and retired.” Walsh retired earlier this year after 24 years in the Marine Corps. Pioneer Valley Radio salutes the entire Walsh family for their years of service to our community. See the video below showing Walsh being honored.
- How much will back to school shopping cost?
- Architect wanted for new Springfield Police station
- Celebrate Ludlow rides again!
- Warren police officer impostor
- Chicopee water inspection scam
- Hampden says NO to Thornton Burgess closing
- Springfield residents disgusted at homeless bathing in kid’s splash pads
- Doug Mellis pursues legal option for one year’s salary
- Wilbraham community notes!
—much much more!
- East Longmeadow politics, back in the soup again
- Bruce Landon calls it a day
- Indian Orchard Catholics get final word on St. Jude’s…no rebuild
- Holyoke School teacher needs help to take kids to D.C.
- 3.5 mill to upgrade lights at intersections/28 mill total spent on Western Bridges
- SPRINGFIELD’S NEWEST SCANDAL BREAKS OPEN
- “Extravaganja” changes towns!
- Florence pot head caught with sword
- People and events throughout the region!
- Sgt. Sullivan’s Purple Heart
- Longmeadow’s proposed tougher gun regulations
- Chicopee’s ice cream shop opens in former funeral home
- No plastic bags in Easthampton
- Springfield’s Crystal Copeland totes water to Flint, Michigan
—and more lifestyle, business, and political news and events of the day!
- Governor releases 200 million in road repair funds
- Red Rose expansion
- Springfield Rescue Mission’s huge tax bill
- Homework House adult spelling bee in Holyoke
- WEEKEND ROUND UP OF PERFORMANCES AND EVENTS
- The East Longmeadow Story;
- RIP Select Board….Charter reform voted in!
- Kevin Manley wins former Thorpe seat on board-pledges investigations
- CRIME NOTES; Dunkin Donuts dropped wallet, grabbed-then returned
- 10 lbs of pot in Chicopee, cops and Postal authorities raid house
- Verizon on strike
- New website tracks train travel in region
- Welcome new jobs in chicopee
- Election Day
- E.L. signs up new police chief
- Wilbraham and Lulow politics
- Western mass crime notes; Stop and Shop purse snatcher
SPECIAL GUEST, JORDAN GOODMAN Monthly money info check in!
- Stolen cab-ride
- school bus stuck in the mud
Northampton moose on the loose
Scare-a-Con New England coming to MM Center
Springfield power outage
WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE !
Comedian Jane Condon appearing at Chez J for the Woman’s Business Owner’s Alliance
- NESTLE’S foods recall
- The Longmeadow Shops expand
- Your Dairy Queen free cone!
- Moose on the loose in Belchertown
- EAST LONGMEADOW RESIDENTS TURN OUT AT SEARCH COMMITTEE MEETING TO SUPPORT CHIEF MELLIS
- Wilbraham hires Laurie Kozak as town’s Veteran’s Agent
- Atty Marylou Fabbo appointed to Wilbraham’s Comm on Disabilities
- MOBBED UP FOR MURDER Dinner Theater at Hampden Federated Church
- RIP Captain Joseph Wilk Jr.
- U S Navy Band, and Sci-Tech high students perform at Symphony hall
- The Waterfront Tavern’s makeover and reopening
- Weekend Round Up! Much to see, hear and do!
- Super Tuesday Primary Rundown
- Lupa Zoo
- Ashley Guindon
- Weekend theater openings-many!
- 25 years of THE SPIRIT OF SPRINGFIELD
- Mass Mutual announces layoffs
- Bomb threats in several of our schools
- THE BIG BROADCAST comes back to mt Holyoke, special guest; Mark Gionfiddo
- How do our judges keep a straight face?
- Congratulations to Pomeroy’s Sugar House